MAINTENANCE OF DISCIPLINE AND PRESERVATION OF COLLEGE PROPERTY
1. Students must abide by the rules and regulations of the college and maintain discipline in and around the college premises and contribute towards creating a healthy, decent and congenial atmosphere of teaching and learning and good campus life.
2. Student must attend classes regularly.
Student must behave properly with the teachers, the non-teaching staff, the library and canteen staff.
3. Students should come to the college in college uniform. They should not wear such dress which is not in keeping with the dignity of the college and students life.
4. Student will be punished for encouraging and participation in ragging of any type. Students are required to keep their bicycles in the cycle-shed provided in the college campus and their two-wheelers on the space specified by the college authority.
5. Bicycles and two-wheelers under no circumstances be kept in front of the classrooms.
Students under no circumstances should create any noise pollution in and around the college campus.
6. Students should not spit on the walls, floors, pillars or doors of the college building.
Students must not temper with college electric fittings, furniture, library books, journals, news papers and other properties.
7. Students have the right to participate in the college union election on democratic line but they shall in no way be patronized by any political party or group politics. Disciplinary action will be taken against anybody indulging in such activities damazing academic atmosphere.
8. Every student is required to extend his active co-operation in making successful all extracurricular activities/functions organized by the college. Any attempt on the part of a student to disturb to decency and decorum of the function will be strictly dealt with.
9. No Mobile phone is allowed in the College Campus. Any student violating the rule will be Punished.
10. Smoking/Chewing Gutkha of any kind inside the college campus is strictly prohibited.
11. Every student should go through the college calendar, class routine in his own interest.
The college students are required to wear uniform compulsorily as follows:
Boys:- White Shirt and Dark Grey Pant and Black sweater.
Girls:- White Mekhela Chadar with Orange border on Chadar and White Blouse.White Salwar Kurta with Jaipari Printed cotton Dupatta(Red-White Spat) and Black Sweater.
N.B.- The College Emblem is available in the Noor Fashion of North Lakhimpur Town
A reading room is attached to the library with sitting provisions for boys, girls and faculty members and the office staff. There is the facility of photocopy within the library. The library is on the process of computerization. The following are the Rules of the Library:
Monday to Saturday:10-00 A.M. to 4-00 P.M.
BOOKS ISSUING DAYS
Monday :- B.Com. 5th & 6th Sem. /H.S. II (Arts)
Tuesday :- B.Com. 3rd & 4th Sem. / H.S. I (Com)
Wednesday :- B.Com. 1st & 2nd Sem./ B.A. 3rd & 4th Sem.
Thursday :- H.S. II (Com) / B.A. 5th & 6th Sem.
Friday :- B.Com. 5th & 6th Sem. / B.A. 1st & 2nd Sem. / BBA
Saturday :- H.S. I (Arts / M.Com. / M.A.)
THE LIBRARY REMAINS CLOSED ON SUNDAYS AND NOTIFIED HOLIDAYS
• The library is open during long vacations like Summer Vacation & Puja vacation.
• Every borrower is supposed to have agreed to abide by the rules governing the library. Ignorance of these rules will be no excuse for breach of the same.
• No book shall be taken out of the library without the knowledge of the librarian or until it has been properly recorded and issued.
• All the students will be provided with two library cards and additional card will be issued to the Major/Speciality Course students after certification by the Head of the Department of the concerned Major/Specialty Subject.
• The library cards have to be returned to the library before the declaration of the results of Selection Test / Test Examination.
• Students should maintain silence within the library premise. They should form QUEUE at the library counter for library transactions.
• The issue of books for home issue will commence after 1-30 P.M. Students intending to borrow books should submit their requisition slips containing title of the book/books they want along with the library cards between 11-00 A.M. and 12-00 Noon. The Librarian will only be guided by the actual name of the Library Card.
• Loss of this card will deprive the borrower of his right to borrow books.
• Students should take greatest care of their Library Card and have to report to the Librarian immediately if in case their card is lost.
• A duplicate card will be issued against the lost card on payment of Rs. 7/- towards the lost card and a fine of Rs. 3/- will be charged for the careless loss.
• Every borrower must examine the condition of a book before it is issued to him; otherwise in case of mutilation detected later the presumption will be against the borrower.
• In case of loss or of damage done to a book, the borrower is liable to replace a new copy of the same or pay compensation as fixed by the authority.
• Breach of any rules of the library will attract appropriate punishment from the college authority.
• Borrowers should maintain the library books properly and the physical facilities provided therein.
• Students/Borrowers should not under any circumstances attempt to displace the library books / journals and other reading materials.
• Students are liable to pay a fine of 10 paisa per book for each day of default.
• Books and Journals should be returned within the given period by a borrower and if failed further issue shall be stopped.
• If the date for return of a book falls on an authorized holiday or vacation, it should be returned to the library on the day the college opens after the holiday, failing which fine for the whole vacation will be realized.
• Books in possession of borrowers should be returned to the Library before a long vacation or before the date for the purpose.
• Books or periodicals must be returned to the Librarian and not to the authorized bearer of the library.
• Any book or journals which are required to be returned to Library/Librarian for special reason should be returned forth with; failing which fresh issue would be stopped.
• The library deposit cannot be withdrawn so long as the library dues are cleared.
• No marginal or other notes or marking shall be made in the library books, nor shall any pictures or pages be removed or torn or otherwise disfigured. In extreme cases the borrower shall be asked to replace the book damaged by him and also will have to pay a fine imposed by the Principal.
• Encyclopaedias dictionaries, magazines, journals, maps and rare books will not be issued for use at home.
• All those who may happen to be inside the library or in its neighbourhood are expected to observe strict silence. The Librarian has the authority to see that the rule of silence is strictly observed and to report to the out daily if there is any wilful breach of rule. Faculty Members are also expected to use their influence to promote the observance of the rules whenever they are in the library and to the Principal in case of deliberate disobedience and misbehaviour.
• The book once issued to a borrower will be re-issued to him only if nobody else wants it. In case of re-issue, necessary entries must be made from Librarian.
• The Library premises should not be used for any purpose other than reading or consulting books and periodicals of the library.
• Books from the shelves should not be displaced. Books should not be kept other than the Section for which it is meant.
• Books cannot be transferred from one borrower's card to that of another borrower. Spitting, gossiping or sleeping in the library is strictly prohibited.
• An Ex-student or an outsider can get the Library facilities only with the special permission of the Principal.
• The maximum number of books issued to them will not be more than 2 (two).
• The maximum number of books that may be issued to the various classes of borrowers are as follows-
a)Faculty Member… 10 Books
b)Non-Teaching Staff… 5 Books
c)Librarian… 5 Books
d)Major Student… 3 Books
e)A student of Higher Secondary & T.D.C. Pass Course… 2 Books
Time allowed for retaining Books Member of the Faculty… 30 Days
Members of the Non-Teaching Staff… 20 Days Students… 15 Days
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR THE STUDENTS
• Minimum 80% attendance in Classes is compulsory for the students of B. Com./ B.A. students. If a student fails to attend their regular classes as notified by the college, those days will be counted as days of absence for calculation of attendance.
• Students must possess their I-cards during college hours.
• College uniform is compulsory during College hours, Fresher's Social, Students Union