Five Year Report of ICG Cell
Lakhimpur Commerce College
The Information and Career Guidance Cell of Lakhimpur Commerce College was founded in the year 2005 with the objective of counseling students about various career options after their pass out. Since then the ICG Cell has been organizing and conducting various career counseling programmes and sessions. The programmes included sessions by experts from the corporate sector, banks, insurance and other skill development sectors who interacted with the students and counseled on their career options on respective fields. Other activities of the cell included screening of movies of highest aesthetic value from around the world in collaboration with Lakhimpur Cine Club, North Lakhimpur. In 2014, the cell organized, for the first time in the academic history of the entire North East, a UGC sponsored National Seminar on 100 Years of Indian Cinema with special reference to NE.
From 2016 onwards, the cell has been engaged in various activities for the benefit of students on their career as well as for the society as a whole.
- The ICG Cell on 11th November, 2016 observed National Education Day with participation by students and teachers to mark the 128th birth anniversary of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, great freedom fighter and independent India’s first education minister. The National Education Day event was organized by the Information and Career Guidance Cell of the college. A function was held at the conference hall of the college which was inaugurated by Dr. B.S. Behera, Principal by lighting the ceremonial lamp. Reach tributes were paid to the great Indian freedom fighter and educationist by placing flowers before his portrait by teachers and students.
- A lecture series was held on that occasion on the life and works of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad which was chaired by Principal Dr. B.S. Behera. Prof. Sazzad Hussain and Prof. Kuldeep Narayan Dutta delivered speeches on various aspects of Azad for the benefit of the students present.
- The programme was attended by 7 teachers and 28 students in the inaugural session.
- In 2017 the ICG Cell organizied a UGC-sponsored national-level seminar on Eight Decades of North Eastern Cinema and Beyond. The seminar was organized on 3rd and 4th February, 2017 The seminar was organized in collaboration with the Lakhimpur Cine Club, North Lakhimpur.The seminar saw the attendance by eminent academicians from North East in the field of cinema studies and media. There were twenty eight research papers presented in the seminar.
- The Information and Career Guidance Cell of Lakhimpur Commerce College organized a festival of Indigenous Mango, first of its kind in Assam in the college on 25th June, 2017. The festival was organized in active association with Wild Silk-North East, an NGO based in Batomari in Dhakuwakhona sub-division.
- The mango festival was inaugurated by Lakhimnpur Additional Supeirintendent of Police, Shantanu Dutta. In his inaugural address Adl. S.P. Dutta lauded the efforts by the organizers in introducing a unique subject like indigenous breed of mango for the first time in Assam.
- A meeting was held on that occasion to discuss the challenges and opportunities of preserving indigenous breeds of mango and their commercial production and promotion. The Principal of the college Dr. B.S. Behera chaired the meeting in which the objective of the festival was explained by the Coordinator of ICG Cell, Prof. Sazzad Hussain.
- The meeting was attended by District Agriculture Officer Dr. Hiten Kumar Dutta, Chief Scientist of Assam Agriculture University Research Station-Lakhimpur Dr. Prabal Saikia, ICAR scientist Dr Nripen Borah, retired bank manager Kula Prasad Bharali, senior advocate Sirajul Islam Hazarika, retired professor Mrinal Kanti Mitra and many more.
- A variety of 66 different indigenous breed of mangoes were exhibited on that occasion. Slices of mangoes were also served to visiting guests at the venue.
- The festival was attended by 17 students and 15 teachers besides many invited guests.
- The ICG Cell was reconstituted as Career Guidance and Placement Cell 1st January, 2022
- A meeting was organized on 02.02.2022, which decided extensively aboutthe different possible ventures on guiding the students to have a secure andprosperous future.
- A talk was organized on by the cell on Right Guidance at the Right Time by retired IAS officer Swapanil Barua and Shivindra Singh on 08.02.2022. They encouraged the students to prepare for UPSC and APSC Exams.
- A webinar on Career Counseling was organized by the cell on 11.02.2022.
- A meeting was organized on 05.03.2022 to discuss the feedback and outcome of the previous two programmes on career counseling held under the supervision of the cell.
- A meeting was organized by the cell on 17.07.2022 to discuss about a coaching camp for the aspirants candidates of PG in Commerce to appear the DUPGET.
- A meeting was organized by the cell on 24.09.2022 to discuss on the outcome of the PG Coaching Programme.
- An Industrial Awareness Programme was organized by the cell on 28.09.2022.
- International Students' Day was observed by the cell on 16.10.2022 with a placement initiative with appointments in the company by the cell.
ANNUAL REPORT OF THE CAREER GUIDANCE AND PLACEMENT CELL,2022
1.Career Guidance and Placement Cell was constituted on 01.01.2022,.
2.A meeting was organized on 02.02.2022,which decided extensively about the different possible ventures on guiding the students to have a secure and prosperous future.
3.A talk was organized on Right Guidance at the right time by IAS Swapanil Barua and Shivindra Singh on 08.02.2022. They encouraged the students to prepare for UPSC and IAS.
4.A webinar on Career Counseling was organized on 11.02.2022.
5.A meeting was organized on 05.03.2022 to discuss the feedback and outcome of the previous two programmes on career counseling held under the supervision of the cell.
6.A meeting was organized on 17.07.2022 to discuss about a coaching camp for the aspirants candidates of PG in Commerce to appear the DUPGET.
7.A meeting was organized on 24.09.2022 to discuss on the outcome of the PG Coaching Programme.
8.Industrial Awareness Programme was on 28.09.2022.
9.International Students' Day observed on 16.10.2022 with a placement initiative with appointments in the company by the cell.
Glimpses of 3 days Coaching on Preparation of DUPET
Glimpses of Mango Festival