Lakhimpur Commerce College Library was established in the year 1975 with the great zeal of some prominent local people and whole hearted devotion of the teachers and the managerial body has brought the college Library to its present state of dignity. The College Library is in the 3rd Floor of the main building with well equipped furniture and sufficient documents as per requirements of users needs. The college has library facilities with substantial collection of books, periodicals, magazines, news papers, beside a number of National and International peer review & research journals for the benefit of the students and teachers. The library has also developed E-Journal facility though N-List , INFLIBNET. Book database is continued with the use of SOUL 2.0 Software.
For circulation work Bar Coded Library Cards are issued to the Users. Circulation work has been computerized since the year 2010. The Library is the heart of the college. Financial support for our college library comes from college funds, State Govt. grant, and grants from University Grant Commission.
A reading room is attached to the library with sitting provisions for boys, girls, faculty members and the office staff. There is the facility of xerox within the library. The library is partially computerized.
Library Working Hours:
Monday to Saturday : 9.30 A.M. to 5.00 P.M.
Books issuing Days:
Monday : B.Com. 5th & 6th Sem./H.S. 2nd Year (Arts)
Tuesday : B.Com. 3rd & 4th Sem./H.S. 1st (Com)
Wednesday : B.Com. 1st & 2nd Sem./B.A. 3rd & 4th Sem.
Thursday: H.S. 2nd Year (Com)/B.A. 5th & 6th Sem.
Friday: B.Com. 5th & 6th Sem./B.A. 1st & 2nd Sem.
SaturdayH.S. 1st Year (Arts)
- The Library remains closed on Sundays and notified holidays.
- The Library is open during long vacations like Semester Break.
- Every borrower is supposed to have agreed to abide by the rules governing the library. Ignorance of these rules will be no excuse for breach of the same.
- No book shall be taken out of the library without the knowledge of the librarians or until it has been properly recoded and issued.
- All the students are provided with two library cards and additional card is issued to the Major/Speciality Course students after certification by the Head of the Department of the concerned Major/Speciality Subject.
- The library cards should be returned to the library before the declaration of the results of Selection Test/ Test Examination.
- Students should maintain silence within the library premise. They should form a QUEUE at the library counter for transactions.
- The issue of books for the home issue will commence after 1-30 P.M. Students intending to borrow books should submit their requisition slips containing the title of the books/books they want along with the library cards between 11-00 A.M. and 12-00 Noon. The Librarian will only be guided by the actual name of the Library Card.
- Loss of this card will deprive the borrower of his right to borrow books.
- Students should take the utmost care of their Library Card and have to report to the Librarian immediately in case their card is lost.
- Every borrower must examine the condition of a book before it is issued to him; otherwise, in case of mutilation detected later, the presumption will be against the borrower.
- In case of loss or damage done to a book, the borrower is liable to replace a new copy of the same or pay compensation as fixed by the authority.
- Breach of any rules of the library will attract appropriate punishment from the college authority.
- Borrowers should maintain the library books properly and the physical facilities provided therein.
- Students/Borrowers should not under any circumstance attempt to displace the library books/journals and other reading materials.
- Books and Journals should be returned within the given period by a borrower failing which further issue shall be stopped.
- If the date for the return of a book falls on an authorized holiday or vacation, it should be returned to the library on the day the college opens after the holiday, failing which fine for the whole vacation will be realized.
- Books in possession of borrowers should be returned to the Library before a long vacation or before the date for the purpose.
- Books or periodicals must be returned to the Librarian and not to the authorized bearer of the library.
- The library deposit cannot be withdrawn so long as the library dues are cleared.
- No marks or other notes shall not be made in the library books, nor shall any pictures or pages be removed or torn or otherwise disfigured. In extreme cases, the borrower shall be asked to replace the book damaged by him and also will have to pay a fine imposed by the Principal.
- Reference books will not be issued for use at home.
- All those who may happen to be inside the library or in its neighbourhood are expected to observe strict silence. The Librarian has the authority to see that the rule of silence is strictly observed and to report to the out daily if there is any wilful breach of the rule.
- Faculty members are also expected to use their influence to promote the observance of the rules whenever they are in the library and to the Principal in case of deliberate disobedience and misbehaviour.
- The book once issued to a borrower will be reissued to him only if nobody else wants it.
- In case of reissue, necessary entries must be made from the Librarian.
- The Library premises should not be used for any purpose other than reading or consulting books and periodicals of the library.
- Books from the shelves should not be displaced kept in other shelve than the section for which it is meant.
- Books cannot be transferred from one borrower’s card to that of another borrower. Spitting, Gossiping or sleeping in the library is strictly prohibited.
- An Ex-student or an outsider can get the Library facilities only with the special permission of the Principal. The maximum number of books issued to them will not be more than 2 (two).
- The maximum number of books that may be issued to the various classes of borrowers are as follows-
Faculty Members: 10 Books
Non-Teaching Staff: 5 Books
Librarian: 5 Books
Honours Student: 3 Books
Students of Higher Secondary & Undergraduate Pass Course: 2 Books
The time allowed for retaining Books:
Member of the Faculty: 30 Days
Members of the Non-teaching Staff: 20 Days
Students: 15 Days