To maintain transparency in the mechanism of internal assessment following steps/initiatives have been taken:
1. Students are first informed about conduct of internal assessment in each subject by the college through college prospectus which is provided to them at the time of admission to degree semester course.
2. Just after admission and after the commencement of the academic session, again, through formal notice, students are informed about internal assessment system and its significance detailing all the components of the assessment and marking system as well as the type of tests/sessional examinations to be conducted.
3. The following are the components of internal assessment and distribution of marks thereof:
i). Sessional Examination I 05marks
ii). Sessional Examination II 05 marks
iii) Home-Assignment/ Seminar/ Group Discussion 05 marks
iv) Class attendance 05 marks
So, out of the 100 marks allotted to each paper, total 20 marks are earmarked for internal assessment.
4. All departments take care to see that students are well explained about the purpose of the internal assessment system and how the marks obtained in internal assessment add to their securing a good division/class.
5. Generally as per university guidelines two sessional examinations are conducted. The schedule of the examinations are notified to the students well ahead and students are also informed that the examinations would be held only on the Courses covered.
6. The sessional examinations are conducted centrally by the college through an internal examination monitoring committee which fixes the date schedule of the examination in different subjects and allots invigilation duty to teachers formally.
7. After the sessional examinations are over, teachers evaluate the answer scripts and submit the marks lists to the head of the department who in turn submits these marks lists to the Vice Principal/Academic co-ordinators of the college who heads the Internal Examination Committee.
8. Internal marks secured by students are properly documented by the internal examination committee and then published on the college notice board.
9. Students are given liberty to know/note down their marks or look at their answer scripts to clarify their doubts if any.
10. The teachers of respective subjects accordingly take remedial measures for further improvement of students’ performance in future tests.
11. The department concerned decides whether students are to be given home assignments or conduct group discussion or hold departmental seminar for 5 marks allotted against this component.
12. Students are awarded marks against their percentage of attendance in classes out of the 5 marks allotted against this component.